Browser stuck off screen

• B. A screenshot or recording of the issue (Licecap is totally free to use http://www.cockos.com/licecap/)
    nothing to take a screenshot of, the browser is stuck off-screen. There is no option to move it with right click, and changing monitors did not help any.

• i. Your Operating System and version (Mac 10.11.x, Windows 7/8/10, Linux distribution, iOS 9/10, Android)
      windows 10 64 bit , two monitor setup

• ii. Your Brave Version. (Desktop users please copy info from about:brave using the clipboard if possible)
      had issues with two versions, updated to the latest version on the site (non-dev version) on 12/2/2017

• D. Detailed step-by-step instructions of how you came across the issue.
    Example:
    I was using brave for a long time without any issues, and I do not k now what caused the change. On one launch, it just stuck off screen and is permanently there it seems. I have some important logins to get back to on there, so help is appreciated.

thanks for any help

I am having the same problem, but have additional information.

This problem for me usually occurs when I disconnect a monitor. That is not so unusual, because several other programs do the same thing. What is strange is that none of the usual ways to bring the window back to the screen.

System Where The Problem Occurs

Brave: 0.19.134
rev: 316cfa522ffe6a558fe9f2f3f299c0c602dfb691
Muon: 4.5.38
libchromiumcontent: 63.0.3239.132
V8: 6.3.292.49
Node.js: 7.9.0
Update Channel: Release
OS Platform: Microsoft Windows
OS Release: 10.0.10586
OS Architecture: x64

I have had this problem on every previous version, too, so at the very least the problem is constant across versions. I started using Brave about 2 months ago, if that helps.

I do the following to try to get the window back, and none of them work.

1. Shortcut keys (In windows 10 I can usually move the windows around, but once there is only one monitor, if Brave is off the page, it will not move back. When a second monitor gets connected, this hotkey works again.)
  2. Resize the resolution (in most cases this is sufficient for other windows to recognize they are not on the monitor, but nothing happens).
  3. Cascade the windows Right Click empty tool bar. (All other windows will cascade, but not brave. It works again with two windows.)
  4. Align windows. Right Click on empty tool bar. (Other windows will align, but not Brave.)
  5. Move the window with the mouse Shift-Right Click on the Icon (No context menu comes up)

As noted, the problem resolves itself when a second monitor connects. but Brave continues to behave atypically. For example:

1. If Brave starts out on a different monitor, when it cascades it will not join the others on the main monitor.
  2. There is still not context menu when you Shift-Right Click on Brave, regardless of the number of monitors connected.

I have additional information. I had precisely the same problem again today, but I noticed that I had pinned the program to the taskbar. I unpinned the program, and unfortunately, nothing changed.

Also not reported, the problem persists even through a total restart.

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.