Browser Slow Response or Even Freeze for a Few Seconds

After recent Brave updates, I found the browser window freeze if I try to snap the window to the grid with the Magnet software. The performance will degrade more significantly if I have more open tabs.

To reproduce:

1. Open a few tabs in Brave.
  2. If using the Magnet software, try to drag the Brave window to the left or right edge of the monitor to “snap”. The window will freeze for a while and snap to the left or right of the screen.
  3. Using the shortcut key (Ctrl + Option + left/right arrow), in the case of Magnet software, the Brave window will behave the same in point 2.

Expected result:
Brave window shall snap to the left/right side of the screen instantly.

Brave Version( check About Brave): Version 1.43.93 Chromium: 105.0.5195.127 (Official Build) (x86_64)

Additional Information:
MacOS Monterey 12.6
Mac Mini 2018 (Intel Core i7), 64GB RAM

1 Like

Hi @allenmak

Thank you for reaching out and for the detailed report sorry to hear you’re having trouble with Brave Browser. Can you try disabling Hardware Acceleration in settings to see if this resolves the issue?

You’ll find this in Settings --> Additional Settings --> System --> Hardware Acceleration

Additionally, try clearing cookies to see if this solves the issue:

1. Click on the Menu icon in the top right, and go to Settings
  2. Go to Additional settingsPrivacy and SecurityClear browsing data

Let me know if that works and have a nice day! :raised_hands:

1 Like

I have been experiencing the same issue on MBP16 with Better Touch Tools and Snap areas.

Disabling Hardware Acceleration seems to have reduced the freezing duration. But the problem still oocurs. It’s been quite annoying.

1 Like

Last couple of updates seem to have fixed the issue.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.