Browser Privacy Issues

So Brave is supposed to be secure and protect our browsing experience. I have seen some feedback that I wanted to confront, as it easily shows that we are not getting the privacy and security Brave makes us thing we have…
This is what shows up on transactions that convey the browser type used: "Chrome browser on Mac OS X."
I have also seen this on some crypto transactions I have made as well. Chrome is the most invasive of browsers as it is apart of Google. Why Brave, are you not being transparent with us, in not being a secure browser? This is not professional and oversteps trust in false security.

I believe what it is, is Brave runs on chromium. It is a known thing. Also on android when you open links sometimes it says continue with chrome. I do not think it is that they are exactly the same as chrome, they just use chromium, which they have to use something as a base.

1 Like

And then theres Google Chrome browser… Sometimes I wonder in what I am seeing and what is actually going on kind of thing… Too bad DickDuckGo doesn’t have a desktop browser, that would be awesome :wink:

OMG please learn something about browsers. Not trying to be rude! Brave is built on chromium. Chromium is an free and open-source codebase for a web browser, principally developed and maintained by Google. Google uses the code to make its Chrome browser, which has additional features. The Chromium codebase is widely used. Microsoft Edge, Opera, and many other browsers are based on the code. If a browser is built on chromium then you can install chrome extensions. This doesn’t mean that Brave Browser is owned by Google. And DuckDuckGo Browser on mobile is built on chromium too!

1 Like

@CryptoRich777,
What the others users are saying is accurate.
Further, Brave is open source and completely transparent, as all source code can be viewed and audited on our Github. Additionally, here is a list of things we strip out or remove from Chromium to ensure user privacy and security:

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.