Browser Freezing

Hi,

New here I’m not too sure this is the best place the put it, but here I go.

Loving the browser, but I’m finding that the after a while my browser seems to be working fine but when I want to check my other multiple tabs open open. The browser doesn’t allow it too happen, I can preview but cannot change to that tab I click on.
Doesn’t appear to be freezing because sometimes I’ll playing youtube clips on the other tabs and they seem fine, but it just seem that the tabs are locked and I cannot access them.

Tried checking if my computer was freezing, that’s not the problem. Tried with one other tab open for and the issue will happen again.

After I close and open the browser. It works great, but only after around 20-30mins the issue happens again.

If anyone could help that would be great. If not hope this can help the devs out.

Cheers,

Jay

Brave SLOOOOW after Importing FF Bookmarks

Could you paste the details from about:brave here.

Also do you have large amounts of bookmarks imported ? Does this freeze happen if the video is being played in full screen or normal player? After how many minutes of playback does it freeze?

Not sure if my issue is the same or something different – but might be same. I’ve loved Brave in past but am finding current build (0.18.36) almost unusable because windows freeze on me about every fifteen minutes. Last time it happened I was trying to post something to twitter and had just hit the post button. Screen went white as if about to redraw but got stuck on white. Window would not close normally, Brave wouldn’t quit normally, so I had to force quit. Working on Macbook Pro in macOS 10.12.6.

In response to sriram’s questions to the OP, I do in fact have fairly large number of bookmarks imported. None of them matter to me and I’ll delete 'em all and see if that makes a difference.

William

I’m exactly with the same problem. I use Brave daily at my work, but this problem makes me close and reopen the browser every 20-30 min. The issue here is that the tabs which I didn’t access in the last 20-30 minutes freeze. I can’t even close them.

I didn’t import any bookmarks from other browsers.

My about:brave:

Brave: 0.18.36
rev: 7ab85e97318fef041433b0c3d73b457205fae805
Muon: 4.3.22
libchromiumcontent: 61.0.3163.79
V8: 6.1.534.32
Node.js: 7.9.0
Update Channel: dev
OS Platform: Microsoft Windows
OS Release: 10.0.15063
OS Architecture: x64

Leonardo’s description of the problem matches what I was seeing precisely.

However I think I have solved the problem, by following the instructions for completely uninstalling, then reinstalling Brave. On macOS it’s not just a matter of dragging Brave.app to the trash, you also have to delete the system preferences files. The instructions are here:

I have not had any problems for 24 hours and I’ve been using Brave all during that time. Crossing my fingers that this has fixed things…

The team recognizes that the browser’s performance with a lot of data like history, cookies, bookmarks, etc. needs improving. Sorry for the inconvenience!