Browser freezes when opening/saving files

@Mattches

Yes, I reproduced it multiple times, there are no crashes reported. It just freezes, then i have to close with the xkill command from the terminal.

How do you change between guest and private mode?

About the second question. Even with no extensions installed, this error occurs.

1 Like

@Reocin,
You can open a Guest Window by going to Main menu --> Open Guest window:

1 Like

Same issue. A while ago Ubuntu (Ubuntu 22.04.1 LTS) did some updates and after that Brave (Version 1.45.118 Chromium: 107.0.5304.91 (Official Build) (64-bit)) keeps freezing every time when uploading or saving files.

• Using a guest window freezes as well while the normal window stays interactive.
  • resetting all settings and removing extensions did not help

Ok this helped.

Settings → Download → Ask where to safe each file before downloading → OFF!!!

It looks to me that the save at dialog is modal and does not close correctly.

Uploading something still feezes. I am betting it is the the same issue. That file open/save dialog does not close correctly.

Still freezes, sorry for my late replay

@Kevin_cc , @Mattches any new content / ideas here ?

@Reocin,
Apologies for the late reply — also I didn’t see this when I looked before but we actually have an open issue for this already:

I’m going to add everyone here’s reports to the issue and ping some team members to hopefully get some more eyes on the issue.

1 Like

Thanks, I experience the same issue with a macOS Catalina, it doesn’t seem it’s just a Linux issue.

I have same issue here.

Brave Version( check About Brave):
Version 1.46.144 Chromium:108.0.5359.128

Additional Information:
Operating System: Ubuntu 22.04.1 LTS

Also I’ve tested all previous possibles solutions, but none of them worked.

I solve this issue… Simply type this in terminal

dconf write /org/gnome/desktop/sound/input-feedback-sounds false

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.