Browser Freezes Solid When Editing A Wiki

Description of the issue:
It has become frustratingly difficult to edit any wiki using this browser. The freezing used to be brief and tolerable but lately the browser just completely locks up and can’t be used at all.

How can this issue be reproduced?

1. Go to any wiki site, either a “.wiki”, Wikipedia, whatever wiki you want.
  2. Edit a page. Any page. Either visual or source editor. It doesn’t matter.
  3. The browser feeezes solid as soon as you attempt to type anything.

Expected result:
I should be able to type words into a text box without the browser freezing and crashing. This is, without exaggeration, unusable. I can record a video if it’s needed, but reproducing it is simple. Firefox does not do this and there is absolutely zero delay when typing anything, but it has its own set of issues that are very annoying like zooming focus to the bottom left corner whenever I type. But at least I can actually type with it.

Brave Version( check About Brave):

Mobile Device details
Samsung Galaxy S10+
Reproduced on multiple Android devices.

Additional Information:
This isn’t an issue with my install. I’ve installed Brave on other Android devices which experience the exact same issue. I don’t know why this browser has such a problem with Wiki sites but it does and it’s legitimately unusable. I can’t type, erase, or even scroll while in edit mode, after attempting to type or erase even a single character, because the browser completely locks up. It’s unacceptable. And it’s not that the visual editor is heavy on scripts either, because it’s worse with the source editor that just uses plain text. I shouldn’t have to wait 2-3 minutes after every keyboard input to regain touch functionality on my entire device.

3 Likes

Recorded in 480p to meet the size limit for attachments. As you can see the browser literally crashes when attempting to edit a wiki article. It’s legitimately unusable. I wasn’t exaggerating.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.