Browser focus when opening new tab

I am currently using the Brave Browser in a Microsoft Windows 10 environment. For the most part I am happy with the Brave browser. There is one issue, however, that frustrates me to no end. When I open a new tab on my browser, if the mouse cursor strays off of the newly opened tab and onto any other tab, the focus automatically shifts to that tab and away from the newly opened tab. What’s truly entertaining about this, and I’m using the word “entertaining” facetiously, is that the focus will shift in the middle of typing into the browsers address bar.

I am running what I believe to be the most current update to Brave (0.23.107) and can pretty much re-create this at will. I have been able to make this happen using both a high sensitivity mouse such as my Corsair gaming mouse or a much less sensitive mouse namely a Microsoft mouse. As such I’m not sure that the specific mouse used is necessarily the root cause of the issue.

As I am sure you can imagine, this becomes really frustrating really quickly. Is there a way to turn this off, limit the focus from changing on it’s own, or at least adjusting the sensitivity by which the browser reacts to the mouse cursor to reduce the impact?

Hi @Martimus,

Actually, a record of your concern will be really help. :slightly_smiling_face:

If I understand your post correctly, did you talking about “Tab preview” feature? Preferences > Tab > Show preview on hover to disable it.

Thanks,
:slightly_smiling_face:

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.