Browser Flashing and acting strangely

Recently certain functions on my browser have been acting strangely. Specifically when it ask me if I want to block or allow notifications and when I am trying to bookmark something. The little box that pops up to ask those things is flashing and clicking on the options in it don’t work in the case of notifications and works in the case of bookmarks but doesn’t close the window and I have to click outside of the box to close that one. It’s not stopping me from using the browser, but it is an obvious problem. I thought it would get fixed with the latest update but it seems to persist. Any help would be appreciated.

Hello @CharlesBronson

Thank you for reaching out and I’m sorry to hear you are going through this. Could you kindly use guest mode to see if the issue persist?

Be waiting for your response!

Hi again @CharlesBronson

I wanted to know if the issue was solved?

Regards!

Hi, not OP but I was searching for this exact same issue and stumbled upon this post. Can add that besides all the behaviour that OP mentioned there’s also the fact that when you hover over any clickable element around or inside the address bar the text box that indicates what you are hovering starts flashing as well, as if you were moving your mouse over and off and over again super fast even though you are jsut hovering the element statically. This applies to, among others, the bookmark icon left of the address bar, the “to open this link choose an app” icon inside the bar, “share this page” icon and “brave shields icon”.

could you kindly use guest mode to see if the issue persist?

The only elements available to hover over in guest mode was “view site information” and “brave shields”, both which does not flicker in guest window. THe other issues are harder to test since it most often happens when there is a popup to save password etc. But I can confirm that the elements (the few that are showing in guest window) at least seem to stop flickering, if this is tied to the issue with pop ups not being reactive as well, I do not know.

To be totally honest with you, I don’t get what you mean by testing guest window since you can not bookmark, save passwords or anything else that causes the pop-up/notification issues in that mode afaik?

I have the same issue with those pop-ups. Really annoying.

Windows 11 v1.49.120** (Mar 9, 2023)

@CharlesBronson
Hello,

I had somewhat similar issues which were resolved by disabling hardware acceleration.
Settings > system > uncheck use hardware acceleration…

I already run without hardware acc, not solving anything for me.

Are you up to date with zypper updates?

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.