Browser fails to open

Windows 7 Pro SP1 64-bit…
AMD FX-8370 Eight-Core Processor 4.00GHz
32 GB RAM.

|Brave|0.23.105| (as of the last time I checked)
|—|---|
|V8|6.8.275.24|
|rev|9a46f8f|
|Muon|8.0.9|
|OS Release|6.1.7601|
|Update Channel|Release|
|OS Architecture|x64|
|OS Platform|Microsoft Windows|
|Node.js|7.9.0|
|Brave Sync|v1.4.2|
|libchromiumcontent|68.0.3440.84|

When I attempt to open the browser by clicking the icon, I see one process, then 2 more appear in Taskman. The 2 new processes disappear after about 10 seconds. The browser window never opens, nor does it display in the taskbar as a running program.The initial Brave.exe continues to run, 0% CPU, 116kb mem usage.
I’ve tried multiple times, so it’s reproducible. The above version info is from a few days ago when Brave wasn’t (and never did) open local html files. Since I can’t open the browser, I can’t see the current version but I’m assuming it hasn’t updated itself in the background.
UPDATE: I don’t understand why, but I removed, reinstalled Brave and it’s working again. I only had it installed for 3 days or so, not sure what broke it, will monitor and report back.

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.