Browser crashing out of nowhere

Description of the issue: Browser crashes randomly every 1-15 minutes.

I’ve tried removing User Data folder, resetting to factory settings (It deletes cookies and disables all extensions), restarting my pc, updating windows. Last night everything was working fine. I haven’t done anything different.

How can this issue be reproduced?
No idea

Expected result: Not crashing

Brave Version( check About Brave): Version 1.45.116 Chromium: 107.0.5304.91 (Official Build) (64-bit)

Additional Information: If you want me to provide crash dump/report tell me where to find it cuz I have no idea where it is.

1 Like

Hello @wha

Thank you for reaching out and sorry to hear you’re having trouble with Brave. Can you try disabling Hardware Acceleration in settings one more time, to see if this resolves the issue?

You’ll find this in Settings --> Additional Settings --> System --> Hardware Acceleration

If you continue with the issue, could you please share the following information:

1 - What kind of device and OS do you have?
2 - A screenshot of the issue.

Let me know if that works and we’ll be waiting for the information, have a nice day!

Disabled it. I use a pc: ryzen 1600af, 1650 super, 16gigs ram. I’m on windows 10 pro (Version 10.0.19045 Build 19045). Browser crashed more than 5 times (more than 10 times now ahha) while I was writing this.

How the hell do you expect me to screenshot a crash? Browser just closes like I pressed the x. It acknoledges it crashed because it’s telling me it shut down unexpectedly and asking me if I want to restore the pages. Disabling hardware acceleration definitely made things worse.

Hi @wha

Could you kindly select Ctrl-Alt-Delete keyboard shortcut brings up the task manager window or a drop-down menu that allows a user to see the status of all currently running programs and to terminate any of them.

If you continue with the issue try to reinstall the browser, let me remind you that reinstalling Brave will erase all your Rewards data.

Let us know if that works!

So why’d you ask me to open task manager when you didn’t ask me to anything with it?
One reinstall later still crashing.

@wha,
Can you please check the solution here and tell me if this resolves the issue for you?

Additionally, can you please send the report then reply here with the crash report ID (both can be done via brave://crashes) and I will forward it to the necessary team members?

Thank you.

On opening New Tab, just below the time you will find Edit Cards, click and Hide all the Cards except “Brave Rewards”. This solved the same issue for me. Awaiting your reply :wink:

Haven’t had crashes ever since I removed the crypto.com “widget”. Thanks!

(here are some of the crash report ids)

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.