Browser crashes to desktop after 1 minute

I tested with just extensions disabled and also with BitDefender uninstalled. It still crashes in either case.

1 Like

Thank you — super strange behavior. Curious if it stays open (either Beta or the stable build) long enough for you to grab another crash report ID to send us?

have you added any recent extensions? also, try creating a new profile if it will let you under settings

No it does not. It closes too fast.

9B5E18988E824718AFED5C84A3F2F525.png

No new extensions. How do you create a new profile?

Super strange update. I was up late yesterday and I noticed that after midnight the crashing seems to have stopped. I’m trying again tonight on brave and firefox and it is staying open. Unfortunately, I tried it again this morning and it crashes then.

Is someone still looking into this? The problem hasn’t been resolved. I made a new profile and it still crashes.

@Matzes,
Can you check brave://crashes in the new profile and see if the crash report IDs appear?

I cannot get any report IDs. I have it set automatically but none of them show up and it closes without the option to send a report.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.