Browser crashes on opening

Description of the issue:
Brave browser continually crashes on opening. This is similar to other issues which seem to have been closed.

How can this issue be reproduced?
This is reproduced every time the browser opens. However restarting MacOS 10.13.6 seems to temporarily cure the problem. I have reproduced the dump information below.
Browser version : [Version 1.4.96 Chromium: 80.0.3987.132 (Official Build) (64-bit)]

Additional Information:
TimeMachine backup running at the time of error although I need to check whether or not this is always the case.

Dump at time of error available as text file if required. (upload of .txt not supported)

@cogit8,

Can you try disabling Hardware Acceleration in settings to see if this resolves the issue?

You’ll find this in Settings --> Additional Settings --> System --> Hardware Acceleration

@Mattches

I’ve rebooted the Mac and changed the Brave settings as described. I’ll monitor for 24 hours to see if it makes a difference. Thanks for the feedback

1 Like

OK, after monitoring for 24 hours have had no crashes, hangs or needed to reboot Mac si I guess that is a qualified fix.

Thanks for your help @Mattches

Alan

2 Likes