#browser becomes unresponsive after 300 mb cache limit is reached in Windows 10

Troubleshooting technical issues is much easier when both the user and support agent practice clear communication. For this reason, we have provided the template below for you to fill out with information about your issue. Please provide as much detail as possible so we can most efficiently resolve your problem.

Delete the any text above the line separator below before posting

Description of the issue: The #browser becomes unresponsive after 300 mb cache limit is reached in Windows 10. I have used normal brave, deve brave, and nightly brave. All brave browsers Face same issue on reaching 300 mb cache.
How can this issue be reproduced?

1. By browsing a lot of site and getting 300 mb cache.

Expected result:

Brave Version( check About Brave):
Version 1.17.56 Chromium: 86.0.4240.111 (Official Build) dev (64-bit)

Additional Information:

1 Like

I believe that I am exhibiting this problem too. It appears to be random, I can’t really duplicate it easily, but almost every day it happens at least once. This has never happened before.

Pages will stop loading and nothing will load in new tabs. The bar at the bottom of the browser will say something like “Waiting for cache…” and nothing will happen. The only thing that works is closing the whole browser and then opening it again.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.