Description of the issue:
This issue (Instapaper extension: Save Failed) still exists.
I’ve discovered that the error occurs when the user has to click the extension to give it access to the site, but it doesn’t occur when the extension has access to all sites. I tested this by running another extension, Pocket, through the same steps, and the results are identical: it also fails.
This would seem to suggest that the feature allowing the user to restrict when the extension can read a site is broken.
How can this issue be reproduced?
- Follow steps 1–6 in this post
- Then, right-click the Instapaper extension icon and change “This can read and change site data” to “On all sites”
- Reload the extension as instructed
- Reload the page.
- Left-click the extension.
- Note that the page saves correctly.
- Do the same thing with the Pocket extension. Note the same set of results.
The extension should work when its permissions are restricted to reading the site when clicked. I don’t want Instapaper reading every page of every site I visit just because it wants to.
Brave Version( check
Version 1.8.96 Chromium: 81.0.4044.138 (Official Build) (64-bit)