BraveUpdate.exe starts in the background

Description of the issue: BraveUpdate.exe starts in the background

Steps to Reproduce (add as many as necessary):
The process seems to start randomly and without my involvement. Therefore I cannot name any steps.

Actual Result: BraveUpdate.exe starts without reason in the background

Expected result: BraveUpdate.exe should only start if a new update is available for Brave.

Reproduces how often:

Operating System and Brave Version: Windows 10 1809, Brave: Version 0.63.55 Chromium: 74.0.3729.131

Additional Information: I noticed today that the update program starts itself, and uses the Internet. My browser is up to date, so there is no reason to run this application in the background. The path of the mentioned update program:
C:\Program Files (x86)\BraveSoftware\Update\BraveUpdate.exe

That is a background updater process that is tied with the browser process. This launched during browser startup to check for updates or when you visit About Brave page it triggers update check.

It finds and downloads the update if there is one. Browser wont be able to find an update if this process isn’t running.

Hope this helps.

This did not happen, the process (BraveUpdate.exe) started without opening Brave.

It wouldn’t be so important to me either, but I noticed in my firewall program (I use Kaspersky Firewall for this) that the process used the Internet for quite a long time, as if it was downloading something or exchanging a lot of data. But since there was no update to install, it seemed suspicious to me. I thought about some remnants of Google here…

Translated with www.DeepL.com/Translator

That is because this setting is set. Its enabled by default. You can disable that and it should not run in background when browser is not launched.