Brave's rendering of New York Times articles completely hosed

Description of the issue:
Most images and many divs that are part of New York Times articles are no longer rendering. I thought perhaps they had changed their layout, but then when I started seeing some very odd things (e.g. in specific image captions without images) I thought to render the same page with Firefox, and OMG!! Half of the page isn’t showing up for me!!
Exact URL of the website in question:
Here’s the page I used for testing:

Did the issue present with default Shields settings? (yes/no)
Yes
Does the site function as expected when Shields are turned off?
No
Is there a specific Shields configuration that causes the site to break? If so, tell us that configuration. (yes/no):
No
Does the site work as expected when using Chrome?
Yes
Brave version (check About Brave):
Version 1.27.87 Chromium: 91.0.4472.124 (Official Build) unknown (64-bit)

I used to stay very current but then got busy and it was a long while. So I thought they had redesigned their site–no comments anymore on their editorial articles, odd looking “zombie captions” in the middles of articles.

Once I loaded the page (example given above) in Firefox, and then in Chrome, I see that this is an issue just with Brave. It’s a showstopper.

Cleared cookies and cache, made no difference. Shields up or down, makes no difference.

Just tested this, I would try in private window mode as a start.
No login:

Logged in:

Incognito didn’t change a thing.

I’m on a Linux platform; thinking that may be the reason? Have no idea what to do to fix it. Have installed fresh version of browser, deleted cache and cookies, and still the pages are only partially rendered. For now, reverted to Chrome, which works perfectly.

Try disabling Hardware acceleration via brave://settings/system @capouch

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.