Braves New Search Engine

A different product, with different earning opportunities may require a different ad revenue model. Pls keep in mind that brave search will also be offered as a search engine alternative to other browsers. Any monetization technique has to work with all browsers and not just brave. The commercial strategy cannot be centered entirely around brave and BAT, it requires a degree of interoperability.

Another new project instead of concentrating on improving Brave which is riddled with bugs. This is a no-go for me.

“We will rely on anonymized contributions from the community to improve and refine Brave Search.” Google or Bing have spent billions of dollars and many years to come up with a search index that really delivers the best search results.

Search engines like Startpage.com use Google’s index anonymously and can deliver the same search results without privacy concerns. If Brave will build its own search index the results will be devastating. Because you neither have the money, nor the experience nor the time that Google and Bing have had to develop their indexes.

Please Brave: Use your resources to fix the many bugs in the Brave browser before you begin any new projects.

Google gets your aggregate data anyway (which happens with DuckDuckGo/Bing as well).

The seach engine isn’t being built from scratch it was purchased by Brave, also iam confident Brave can chew bubblegum and walk

Aggregated data is not the problem. Of course every website I connect to will get the data I type into it. In the case of Startpage Google will get the data I type into Startpage. But Google cannot personalize the data in any way, does not have my IP, my geolocation or any other identifiable ID.

I doubt Brave can walk and chew bubble gum at the same time. Because right now the walking part is already a real challenge for them.

In theory, yes.
In practice, both search engines are entirely-proprietary closed systems, so nobody can confirm what they claim, e.g. whether or not they don’t log anything, not even the IP address (there’s no need to use cookies).

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 29 days. New replies are no longer allowed.