Brave's anti-fingerprinting technology is flawed

just use it for testing to see if the reddit account work or not

I will try. I’m just setting up a new test. The advice above about using AnonAddy to hide my email address was useful.

Edit: No luck. I concede defeat. If I need to post on Reddit I will hire someone to do it for me.

sonicdream I’m interested in your comments about Reddit. I was the victim of a phishing attack in a Reddit forum. If what you say is correct, could the Reddit ‘fingerprint’ that you speak of be a possible route to track down the offenders? Does anyone have specific experience / knowledge. I appreciate that this is perhaps off topic for Brave but the case is still live and any leads that I can get might help resolve the matter, thanks in advance.

I don’t think so, because the device fingerprint is not even under the control of Reddit. Reddit outsource to a 3rd party bot/spam protection service, and the fingerprint is only used to identify blacklisted devices. It is not associated with Reddit accounts. We are not even supposed to know about this, it’s an insider secret from people who work in the industry.

This topic was automatically closed after 30 days. New replies are no longer allowed.