@BravePublishers Just withdrew BAT tokens from my uphold account

@BravePublishers Just withdrew 20 BAT tokens from my uphold account without my authorization. I’ve seen someone else complaining of the same and I’m just wondering whether this is a standard Brave procedure?

Update

@BravePublishers Just withdrew 20 BAT tokens from my uphold account without my authorization. I’ve seen someone else complaining of the same and I’m just wondering whether this is a standard Brave procedure?

I received an update from Uphold who clarified something that might not be obvious at first and which I personally think should be emphasized when connecting Brave rewards to Uphold. The BravePublishers auto contribute flag is set to on by default, thus if this detail eludes you 20 BATs are deducted from your account without as much as a confirmatory prompt (automatic). In as much as supporting publishers is a noble endeavour, automatically opting in users seems a bad user experience and a recipe for uncomfortable discussions afterwards. Having this option off by default like many others seems like the honest thing to do.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.