Brave won't quit

Version 1.16.68 Chromium: 86.0.4240.111 (Official Build) (x86_64)

I’m on Catalina 10.15.7 and Brave will not quit. The icon stays in the dock with the black dot under it. If quit Brave from the File menu nothings happens… but the program is frozen. You can’t get a new window, etc. The only way I can get rid of it is to do a Force Quit since it shows up in the Force Quit window.

Any ideas?

Hello @acanton77

try to disable all extension then close brave and make sure it does not has any running proess then start it back and if it work fine then enable extension back one by one till you get the cause of the issue

sometime the issue in the hardware acceleration so try to disable it also here brave://settings/system
hope that help and have a nice day

2 Likes

I removed the Cisco Webex extension and now Brave quits just fine. Thanks for the idea.

1 Like

glad that you figure it out and you welcome :slight_smile:

I disabled all extensions and I still had to force quit.

I know my hardware acceleration is not on, I remember going through and turning it off months back.

BUT, when I checked it, it was on. Hmm. why is it on?

Anyway, turning it off. force quitting, restarting, restoring, and then quitting NOW WORKS!!!

thank you.

Q: Any reason why this causes a hang on quit?

• gerald

glad to know it work

i think it something related to the gpu driver and library that the hardware acceleration use
i think the older gpu you have the less issue you get related to that unless if you have gpu from the BC world :joy:

and have a nice day :slight_smile:

1 Like