Brave won't open on my computer

Troubleshooting technical issues is much easier when both the user and support agent practice clear communication. For this reason, we have provided the template below for you to fill out with information about your issue. Please provide as much detail as possible so we can most efficiently resolve your problem.

Delete the any text above the line separator below before posting

Description of the issue:
How can this issue be reproduced?

1. I have Brave installed on my HP Computer. Stopped working 5/31/22 - won’t open. I have tried to uninstall, won’t uninstall.
  2. Says I must close all windows, but no windows open. I have ALL my passwords on it!!!
  3. Also have set sync up on PC, LG Phone & Lenovo tablet, but it does not sync the passwords nor bookmarks. Sync Settings are same on both tablet & phone, but doesn’t sync. Can’t get into Brave on PC so don’t know.

Expected result:
Want to either uninstall on PC or fix the problem🤬
Brave Version( check About Brave):
Can’t do this since it won’t open.
Additional Information:

@Bjeans

https://techdows.com/2014/07/fix-please-close-all-google-chrome-windows-and-try-again.html

C:\Users\username\AppData\Local\BraveSoftware\Brave-Browser\User Data\Default\

When BB is running again, get a password manager, such as:

• 1Password
  • BitWarden
  • KeePass
  • LastPass

and get your username -and- password combinations stored.

Hi

@Bjeans

1. Save the Login Data file in a flash stick; The file is located at
    C:\Users…\AppData\Local\BraveSoftware\Brave-Browser\User Data\Default
    NB. this path is for 64bit devices.

2. Install Brave on another device (desktop), and paste Login Data in the same location as in (1)

3. Export bookmarks as html.

4. Export passwords as *.CSV file

Do not use sync. It does not sync passwords in most devices

None of this worked!! Brave is leaving files in the registry, then it hangs up & won’t open or uninstall. I’ve seen this in other software. I already use lastpass, but wanted to get away from it as its invasive. Brave is NOT the answer! Their developers need to fix this.
I installed a uninstaller and it found the files, deleted them.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.