Brave won't install on phone running /e/OS

Troubleshooting technical issues is much easier when both the user and support agent practice clear communication. For this reason, we have provided the template below for you to fill out with information about your issue. Please provide as much detail as possible so we can most efficiently resolve your problem.

Description of the issue:
When I try to install Brave on my Samsung smartphone running /e/OS, it loks like the app is installing but then screen hangs and it won’t complete

How can this issue be reproduced?
Every time I click on install from the e.Foundation app store

Expected result:

Brave Version( check About Brave):
1.16.75 (411607520)

Mobile Device details
Samsung A5 2016

Additional Information:
see e.Foundation OS info here https://e.foundation/

Build number is
lineage_a5xelte-userdebug 9 PQ3A.190801.002 eng.root.20200514.115616 dev-keys

Hello @brianmca

where did you got the apk file of brave from ?

and have a nice day :slight_smile:

I dont have the apk file. I am trying to install the app from the app store that comes with the /e/OS image.

let me ask one of the team about if there official version for /e/ @Aa-ron

i know it based on android but let us see what they can help you with

and have a nice day both of you

Tks. Appreciate that.

you welcome please notice it the end of the week so maybe you get response on the beginning of the next week and have a nice day :slight_smile:

Hi

I am now able to install the Brave app (I think I was out of memory before!)… but … now, when I click on the brave rewards icon in the search bar, and then select ‘join rewards’ and it attempts to ‘create wallet’ bu then crashes with the attached crash report.

This is something to do with Google Play services, right??

Brian

glad to know it installed now

microG is a group of service that replace the google service that need for some app it used by lineage which is /e/ is based on it

let me ask one of the team for help here @Serg @tmancey

please notice that brave reward is not supported for many custom room but in one of the post here i read it work with beta / night version but not sure which one

if i found the post i will send it to you

and have a nice day all of you