I have a problem with GPU usage in macos Mojave.
Description of the issue:
When a webpage activates the dedicated GPU it will never go back to the integrated GPU when the webpage is closed. This then reflects in a much higher battery usage. I checked on chrome using the same webpages to trigger the dedicated GPU, and when I close them, always revert automatically to the integrated.
**Steps to Reproduce (add as many as necessary):
- open a webpage that activates dedicated GPU, like agar.io.
- GPU will change to dedicated (Radeon 555x)
- lose webpage tab
- Brave continue to use dedicated GPU and will never change to integrated GPU
- open brave task manager and kill GPU process
- GPU will change to integrated until the dedicated is activated and then is fixed again
Actual Result (gifs and screenshots are welcome!):
The result is a much higher battery usage because of the unnecessary use of a dedicated GPU
To Brave automaticly switch back to integrated GPU
Reproduces how often:
Brave Version(See the
About Brave page in the main menu):
Versión 0.60.47 Chromium: 72.0.3626.119 (Build oficial) (64 bits)
ALso tried beta version. Same result
Reproducible on current live release (yes/no):
Macbook pro late 2018. Mojave 10.14.3
Chrome last version behave properly