Brave won't allow me to export bookmarks to Safari

Brave bookmarks feature is not working. When I open Bookmarks Manager I am unable to see a list of my bookmarks as I used to (there is a bookmarks toolbar folder that won’t open; I can view bookmarks on the toolbar and drop down menu only). I want to return to Safari (10.1.1) but Brave doesn’t export my bookmark data. I get an .html doc when I click on Export Bookmarks, but when I save it, nothing is saved to my desktop. Thank you for your help.

On toolbar when you click on the bookmark folder does it show any bookmarks in the drop down menu?

Hi. Thank you for responding. Yes, when I click on a folder in the toolbar, I see all the bookmarks in that folder.

I am having the same issue but on Windows 10. When trying to save my bookmarks to export, the window comes up to prompt the download and when I do so, nothing is saved to my system.

PLEASE FIX THIS ISSUE!

Could you confirm Brave version you are running

Hi sriram, I’m also having a similar issue. Using Brave 0.18.23 on MacOS 10.10.5 and want to export my bookmarks. When I click on bookmarks on the toolbar they all show up normally. I clicked on export bookmarks, and saved the .html file to my desktop. But nothing showed up! I’ve tried several times but I haven’t been able to get the file to export. Any ideas what could be causing this? Thanks for your time

Just upgraded to version 0.18.29 on MacOS 10.12.6. Export bookmarks no longer works - does not create the specified .html file on disk. I have tried default parameters, also changing location and file name - nothing works, output file is not created on disk.

Looking into this further, I cannot find ANY of the bookmark export files I thought I was creating over the past months - has this function ever worked at all ??

Exporting bookmarks is working fine for me now on Mac 10.12.6 and Brave 0.18.29 I have just exported them now (just to check, as I’m in the same boat as you) saving it to my desktop and the .html file showed up straight away.

Bookmark exporting not working
Bookmark exporting not working

Does not create the .html file when exporting bookmarks regardless of directory
Now at 0.18.36
Still no html file exported.
Might be time to move on…

Brave: 0.18.29
rev: 85f059d83b8861b3a7e127c42b2fe9d574be5810
Muon: 4.3.16
libchromiumcontent: 60.0.3112.113
V8: 6.0.286.56
Node.js: 7.9.0
Update Channel: dev
OS Platform: macOS
OS Release: 16.7.0
OS Architecture: x64

I can no longer export my bookmarks. The same problem of the .html file not appearing has returned. I’ve checked that I’m using the latest version of Brave, I’ve tried closing other applications (especially a bluelight filter that I have running), turning of my wifi, and restarting, but nothing works. I’m using Brave 0.19.48 on MacOS 10.12.6

Any advice or ideas?

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.