Describe the issue - I am using Windows 10 OS. I had Brave browser windows on my second monitor. When I disconnected the display (I’m on a laptop) and relocated, I could not move the off screen windows back to the main screen using any suggested methods I could find.
Some suggestions I tried:
- Select the window and press Windows Key + Shift + Left Arrow/Right Arrow to move the window across the displays.
- Right-click the taskbar and select Cascade All Windows and/or Show All Windows Stacked.
- There were no options in display settings for a second display device because I no longer had one connected.
I even tried reinstalling Brave. The new window would still launch off screen.
Steps to Reproduce (STR) -
- Connect a second display.
- Open Brave browser.
- Move the browser window off screen. It does not matter whether the window is maximized or not. Nor does it matter where the second display is positioned. Nor does it matter which display is set as primary.
- Disconnect the second display.
Actual Result - The window will be stuck off screen.
Expected Result - I would expect all windows found off screen to just be automatically moved to the only screen that exists. I tested other programs, including Microsoft Edge, Notepad++, launched a Steam game that I set to launch on my second display.
Reproduces How Often - Consistently. I connected to a second display at the real-life location I was at with my laptop and tested.
Brave version -
|OS Platform||Microsoft Windows|
Reproducible on Live Release - Yes