"Brave will pay your favorite publisher sites..." Payments Notifications Keep Popped Up

bug

Issue:
After updating Brave to latest stable release (0.19.116), the notification (see screenshot) keep appear even user already closed the notification by clicking Dismiss or Review Your Chosen Sites. Already happen more than 10 times since yesterday.

Screenshot:

Operating System:
Win 8.1 x64

Brave Version:

Name Version
Brave 0.19.116
rev 139c117
Muon 4.5.16
libchromiumcontent 62.0.3202.94
V8 6.2.414.42
Node.js 7.9.0
Update Channel Release
OS Platform Microsoft Windows
OS Release 6.3.9600
OS Architecture x64

Step to Reproduce:
i. Update Brave from 0.19.105 to 0.19.116
ii. Noticed the notifications popped up
iii. Click Dismiss or Review Your Chosen Sites to close the notification.
iv. The notification appear again after some period time.

BUMP.

I got this notification 7-10 times as well, using the same widow while browsing the web for 3 hours. Additionally i restarted the browser and the same issue happened.

Very Annoying. I do like the notification, but once or twice should be a enough as a reminder.

Brave 0.19.116
rev 139c117
Muon 4.5.16
libchromiumcontent 62.0.3202.94
V8 6.2.414.42
Node.js 7.9.0
Update Channel Release
OS Platform macOS
OS Release 14.5.0
OS Architecture x64

cc-ing @LaurenWags or @suguru for confirmation.

Here’s what I believe has happened (at least for @eljuno - not sure if you fall into this category as well @topie)
You were one of the first 1-2k users to accept UGP token grant, and because of this, you were affected by the server not sending back the correct timestamp to update your ‘Next Contribution’ (see it says Overdue).
So, Brave is attempting to make a payment because laptop-side thinks that it has to, but server side it is saying ‘No’ because the UGP tokens can only be redeemed 30-90 days after acceptance.
So, this message should stop showing up once a payment can be made which should be 30 days from when you accepted the grant (which I believe is Jan 5/6 timeframe).

Lauren

Missed founds in brave wallet

Ahh, that’s make senses. Thanks for clarifying @LaurenWags.
If that’s the case, will see in next month if it’s resolved :slight_smile:

And I think @topie has same issue too.

This is such a nice thing Brave did.

Any recommendations of sites I can subscribe to?

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.