Brave will not load any website -- not even the Brave website

The compatibility workaround does allow me to open Brave, but the browser is then too slow to really be useable, so I’m back using Chrome instead

Brave quit working on 3 of my devices this week but all other browsers kept chugging along. Uninstalled multiple times and clear cookies/cache on all, no luck. Sorry Brave, had a good run but can’t take it.

Symantec is also aware of the issue and suggests how to fix the issue here:

I don’t have Symantec

I have the same issue. I can not open any website. It gives me Aw, Snap error.
I tried Windows 8 compatibility work-around but my Brave browser wont work with this work around. I have several Book Marks and I use password management and now I can’t access any password or can not login because Can not Open any page.

Hey, good it is working.
I was wondering if you might also be suffering with the problem I have also been having - the wireless signal in my house, was struggling to connnect to my device.
As I’m 3 rooms away from the modem, with walls in between, the signal struggled intermittantly, 5 or 6 times a day, I was experiencing what I will call connectivity issues.
If I put my device in a spot near the door, it starts working again lol.
Anyway, I intend to get a wifi signal booster.
Make sure you are not suffering the same thing it might be part of it? Cheers

But what are the implications of changing the setting for ‘all’ users? Seems odd at the very least. Why would one do that. Isn’t there a risk there?

@Mattches: Brave is not mentioned in this link. Does this fix address the Brave ‘aw snap’ issue?

The Windows 8 compatibility worked for me and I didn’t notice any slowdowns. It is a bug in SEP in my case (Symantec Endpoint Protection) installed at my corporation that has not yet been updated. As a result I needed the workaround so thanks for sharing!

Here is the link relating to Chrome and how they can fix it, they do not work here (I tried the registry and parameter when running the program, but as I say Win 8 mode worked):

The –disable-features=RendererCodeIntegrity flag works for me but only from command prompt, I couldn’t get it to work by adding to the shortcut target.

Adding an SEP application exception didn’t work, and company lockdowns prevent me trying any of the other possibilities.


Thank you everyone for reporting on this – again, it seems like an upstream/Symantec issue. I’m forwarding all this information to the devs so if there is something we can address on our end then we will.

Additionally, I’d like to keep reports in this thread specific to issues between Brave/Chromium and Symantec – If you’re experiencing crashes or other wonky behavior unrelated to Symantec, please open a new thread.
Thank you.

Brave support has been too slow and too late to resolve this problem. I am back to Google Chrome even though it is not secure, like Brave use to be when it worked.

Same for me.
“C:\Program Files (x86)\BraveSoftware\Brave-Browser\Application\brave.exe” -disable-features=RendererCodeIntegrity
Changing the registry doesn’t work.

Version 14.0 RU1 MP2 Build 3929, compatibility with version 8 did not correct.

Updated this morning and no longer getting the page failures:

Version 0.70.122 Chromium: 78.0.3904.87 (Official Build) (64-bit)

1 Like

Good job :heart_eyes: just goes to show you aren’t one to take ‘no’ for an answer!

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 30 days. New replies are no longer allowed.