Description of the issue: Brave browser will not launch, despite a fresh install.
How can this issue be reproduced?
- Install brave
- Shut down computer after setting up brave
- Launch brave
What happens, if you’re unlucky, is a white sheet appears for a brief seconds, before disappearing.
Yesterday I made the switch from Dissenter, an old brave fork made by Gab, to Brave. It took time but I was able to transfer all my userdata and settings over. I shut down my PC for the night. Today, I launch brave, and it shuts down immediately after launching. I have tried:
- launching brave normally
- launching in admin mode
- launching with antivirus disabled
- launching after adding " --disable-gpu" to the shortcut
- launching after adding " --incognito-" to the shortcut
- launching following techniques 3 and 4
- launching following techniques 3 and 5
- Shutting down my pc, then following all the previous 7 techniques
- Uninstalling and reinstalling brave, then following each of the previous 8 techniques.
- Repeating step 9 inside of a virtual machine of windows 10.
I have absolutely no Idea where to go from here. My PC is on the most recent edition of Windows 10.