Brave will not download

Well that is certainly quite strange.
I’m not sure entirely what’s going on here, but I’m pretty interested/invested in the mystery.
Is there any way your friend might be willing to take a short screen recording of the issue he’s encountering so I can get a better idea of what may be happening?

I’m also interested in seeing where his Brave data is stored. Tell him to try the following:

1. If he’s willing, take a short recording of what happens when he attempts to launch Brave. Check out our Community Resources for some free/easy to use screen capture software.
  2. Additionally, I’d like to confirm the location of Brave on his machine. For Windows, he should find Brave files in:
    ~users/[his-user-name]/AppData/Local/BraveSoftrware/Brave-Browser
    If he can navigate to this path and share a screenshot (or he can list them off - either way) of what content/directories he sees here that would be useful.

The last thing I have in mind would be to disable hardware acceleration by altering the Brave shortcut path on his machine. I know you said he’s not particularly “savvy”, but I think if he (or you) view this reply I made here regarding this process, it shouldn’t be too difficult to figure out.