Brave website not working properly when strict site isolation enabled

When the “strict site isolation” is enabled Brave website is not working properly. I read in the forum that some addons such as lastpass not working properly. But I just want to bring this to your notice.
With strict site isolation enabled, Brave browser titles on the top such as support, download, blog are not going to those pages after clicking them several time and just stays on the Brave Home page.
Thanks

Brave: 0.20.30
V8: 6.4.388.40
rev: 8b78402e7b3b91d44d8146cbe4dc8013592c33fd
Muon: 4.7.9
OS Release: 10.0.14393
Update Channel: Release
OS Architecture: x64
OS Platform: Microsoft Windows
Node.js: 7.9.0
Brave Sync: v1.4.2
libchromiumcontent: 64.0.3282.119

Feedback after using about a month

Hi @nellaiseemai,

I’m sorry for late response and thanks for reporting! Is this still happen on the current release? I’m not able to reproduce this and brave.com is working correctly with site isolation enabled.

cc @sriram and @LaurenWags

I am on beta channel now. Site working properly now even after enabling site isolation. I havenot done that before as I did not check it later.

I have another question. There was one nightly release on GitHub a month back. If I download and use that, will it get updated automatically. I didnot see that because there was no other nightly release on GitHub page. I heard that it usually do not appear on GitHub page. Now there was no update after that and I switched to Beta channel now.

By the way, the GitHub page is not working after enabling site isolation.
Thanks
Nellai

Brave: 0.22.5
V8: 6.4.388.45
rev: 94d33ff6c777c7b4547fd81e0ea46f106c37dd0a
Muon: 5.0.7
OS Release: 10.0.16299
Update Channel: Beta
OS Architecture: x64
OS Platform: Microsoft Windows
Node.js: 7.9.0
Brave Sync: v1.4.2
libchromiumcontent: 64.0.3282.167

Channels will get auto update when an update is available.

With regards to github not working with site isolation do you click on a link that opens GH in a new tab? But if you type in the site in a new tab it should work

Thanks for your info @sriram

1. The nightly on the GitHub page is v0.22.2. I am sure this is not the latest nightly as the wiki page says current nightly is at v0.24.x and current Beta itself is v0.22.x. That is why I asked whether that nightly will get updated automatically. I installed it again. There are no updates for that.
  2. I have seen that site isolation cause issue on many sites. I understand this is an experimental feature. So I disabled it. Now every website is working fine. For this, if possible, i prefer to enable or disable “site isolation” per site option. But it is not needed. I will wait until this feature is complete.
    Thanks
    Nellai

For #1, I believe this should be developer version, not nightly. Maybe forgot to rename when the team make a new build.

The version numbers keep getting updated for all channels as per need so if you are on a specific channel and there is an updated version released on GitHub, it will automatically get the update. Sometime the version numbers seems to clash but each of them will be on different channel and update accordingly.

You can view the current channel version numbers here https://github.com/brave/browser-laptop/wiki/Release-channels . The list gets updated after each release

@nellaiseemai will be closing the thread for now. Do open a new thread if you find any other issues.