Brave website not accessible in Pakistan

brave.com and download page is not accessible in Pakistan. Rewards used to work for me but I am not able to claim them anymore. It just keeps spinning and then goes away silently.

1 Like

@mattches could help

@leadfoot,
When you attempt to visit brave.com, where are you directed to?

Well I simply get error, this site is not accessible, connection reset. I have tried different browsers, different net providers but same result.

For some reason community.brave.com works fine but top level domain does not. I really want my rewards to work. I don’t know if rewards are not working because of same issue or its something different.

1 Like

com

1 Like

Any help? Its really frustrating not being able to use the browser to its full potential.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

Hello, @leadfoot.

My apologies for the lack of response here, but I was investigating this issue today and I think there may be a large ISP/Nation level block on brave.com for users in Pakistan. I recently saw users on Twitter mentioning similar issues when trying to access our domain(s). You could try a Private Window with Tor to confirm (Alt+Shift+N in Brave on Windows). From what I hear, that should work.

Unfortunately this means you may need to use a VPN to access necessary brave endpoints. Many of our sub-resources, for browser operations, are served from *.brave.com properties. This could mean that, although you’re able to use Brave, many of the internal components are prevented from working as designed. A VPN should resolve this, by patching your requests through another country/region.

I hope this helps,

Sampson

1 Like

Does anybody know more about this? What is the government agency or department involved?

Just to confirm that it working fine now. I am not sure if anything was changed at any end but its working now for quite some time. Its been almost a Year since I first installed Brave as primary browser on mobile which is working fine till this day. Later, I wanted to have it on desktop when I had issues with website access and posted the thread. I mange to download, install and run it desktop back in march and never had the access issues again.

“Brave with Tor” no longer works since the past few weeks, stuck with infinite loading webpage circle. Brave main page for download and community forum are also blocked “This site can’t be reached brave.com ’s server IP address could not be found.”. Regular Brave works fine for other webpages.

@Johnny PTA (Pakistan Telecommunication Authority), though the countries links with China, I imagine we are importing their Great Wall tech here, sadly.

1 Like

yeah it is true.But kindly work on official launch of Brave services in Pakistan.
Hoping good for you and your team!

1 Like

Hello, if you use a Computer I recommend you change the DNS of your network configuration to 8.8.8.8 and 8.8.1.1 or 80.80.80.80 and 80.80.81.81 will work perfectly for you, try if it works for you and I will give one with a higher loading speed.

Doesn’t work, I think brave is banned in Pakistan and can be accessible via VPN