Brave wallet setup using the old crypto wallet recovery seed shows zero balance

Description of the issue:
I only noticed that there’s this new brave wallet thing today when I tried to setup the browser on a new machine (Now the issue has nothing to do with that machine). When I get into the brave wallet (as I did not know it’s different from the old crypto wallet thing), I input the recovery phrases (of the old crypto wallet) I saved into this wallet, but it shows the balance is zero. I somehow used the settings to get me back to the old crypto wallet, the funds luckily show up there. I checked that both the “brave wallet” and “old crypto wallet” have the same recovery phrases. But the brave wallet just shows I have zero funds.
Now that I am OK migrating to the new “brave wallet”, what should I do to recover the funds from the old wallet now that they already have the same seeds??!!
Are you using the (new) Brave Wallet or the (old) Crypto wallets implementation?

New brave wallet.

How can this issue be reproduced?
Import seeds to the brave wallet from the old crypto wallet

Brave Version (check About Brave):

Version 1.32.106 Chromium: 96.0.4664.45 (Official Build) (64-bit)

Additional Information:

Is your seed phrase 24 words? If so just do a Restore in the new Brave Wallet again and make sure the checkbox for legacy Brave Wallet is checked.

1 Like

Thanks! Marked as solved.