Brave Wallet Secret Phrase

Do we receive this only when we go to backup the wallet? I just started using the Brave Browser last month and set a wallet up but don’t remember getting the 12 word phrase. I just went to backup the wallet and received a 12 word phrase though. From what I remember on all my other wallets, I received the 12 word phrase when setting it up.

NOTICE: Please only post Brave Wallet/Crypto wallet inquiries in this category – please go here for Brave Rewards support

Troubleshooting technical issues is much easier when both the user and support agent practice clear communication. For this reason, we have provided the template below for you to fill out with information about your issue. Please provide as much detail as possible so we can most efficiently resolve your problem.

Delete the any text above the line separator below before posting

Description of the issue:

Are you using the (new) Brave Wallet or the (old) Crypto wallets implementation?

How can this issue be reproduced?

Brave Version (check About Brave):

Additional Information:

This should be the default behavior — you should be asked to save the backup code.

Maybe you skipped it?

https://support.brave.com/hc/en-us/articles/4413440292877-How-do-I-use-Brave-Wallet-in-Brave-

Yes! Thank you. I’m pretty sure I remember skipping it on setup now.

You can always select Back up now from the wallet menu to view/backup anytime

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.