Brave Wallet prevent sending valid transactions

Hello,

I found a blocking bug within the wallet.

The Brave wallet assumes that all transaction starting with the same hash as ‘transfer(address,address,uint256’) will necessarly be a erc20 transactions and expect it to have always 18 decimals. I haven’t tested but I do assume that other ERC20, ERC721, ERC1155 may be affected similarly.

As a consequence, Brave will be prevent executing theses transactions without any work around available.

Similarlly, the Brave wallet currently does not support custom tokens with 0 decimals.

The only work around I’ve found yet, is to create a custom token with an invalid non 0 decimals, which breaks the transaction display but at least does not prevent the transaction to execute…

My previous message don’t explicit describe my expectations.
I am adding them below:

• Allow the definition of 0 decimals custom tokens
  • Don’t prevent executing transactions based on non guaranteed assumptions targeting not yet known contracts. A simple warning is preferably better.
  • Rely on transaction gas estimation check to prevent transaction, not on erc20 balance. But consider that failing a transaction is as well a valid scenario which may have an impact on contract. Rather than preventing failing transaction, allow a way to by pass the warning.

For reference, I’ve just checked and Metamask on Chrome is not affecting by this issue.