Brave very slow to load my website 'ONLY' on IOS tablet and with shields down

Troubleshooting technical issues is much easier when both the user and support agent practice clear communication. For this reason, we have provided the template below for you to fill out with information about your issue. Please provide as much detail as possible so we can most efficiently resolve your problem.

Delete the any text above the line separator below before posting

Description of the issue:
Brave very slow to load my website ‘ONLY’ on IOS tablet and with shields down.
Exact URL of the website in question:
https://www.midi.com.au
Did the issue present with default Shields settings? (yes/no)
YES
Does the site function as expected when Shields are turned off?
NO - long delays to load but only on Tablet devices.
Is there a specific Shields configuration that causes the site to break? If so, tell us that configuration. (yes/no):
SHIELDS down
Does the site work as expected when using Chrome?
Yes
Brave version (check About Brave):

Version 1.24.85 Chromium: 90.0.4430.212 (Official Build) (x86_64)

Testing from NZ,

Testing Safari on IOS, and its not fast there either. Took around 10-15 seconds for the page to load properly. Feel its more related to the site itself. Both Brave and Safari seem to load the site around the same time.

Did noticed that in IOS, a VPN trying to connect in the background can slow things down also.

Thanks for checking. I’m trying to understand what’s slowing the site down to load. Do you have more details about the VPN trying to connect.

Cheers, John.

I have PIA installed on the iphone, and without me know it was in a endless loop of connecting/disconnecting and slowed down browsing. Basically had to stop the VPN to stop attempt to connect, its probably not the issue here. But the site is slow in either browser I tested in iOS

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.