Brave URL bar shows Rite Aid logo

When I tap on the URL bar (where it says “Search or type web address”) in the mobile version of my Brave browser, Rite Aid’s logo appears in the left end of the bar (where you’d typically see a lock symbol). To the best of my knowledge, I have never visited Rite Aid’s website. I have tried closing and restarting the browser, restarting my phone, and clearing the app’s cache in my phone settings, and none of these have solved the issue.

No matter what website I am currently on, if I tap the URL bar to put in a new search or URL, the Rite Aid logo appears in the search bar. It also happens when all tabs have been closed, the app has been closed, and I have opened a new tab (showing the Brave home screen).

I am using Brave version 1.15.73, Chromium 86.0.4240.75; on a Samsung Galaxy S8 running Android 9.

I have checked the Play Store for any Brave browser updates and none are currently available. I have also checked whether any software updates are available for my phone and none are currently available.

1 Like

Can you share a screenshot or a shot recording?

Thanks

1 Like

Hope this works. Unsure as to how to create a shot recording but here is a screenshot.

1 Like

@goldenblaze,
Looks like the image got cached haha – kinda funny :slight_smile:
Can you try clearing cache/browser data and see if the icon returns to normal?
Menu --> Settings --> History --> Clear browsing data

1 Like

Thanks for the screenshot @goldenblaze

In addition, can you check Menu > Settings > Search Engine and make sure Rite Aid is not set as default search engine?

2 Likes

I did check and DuckDuckGo is my default search engine. However, clearing my search history and cache in browser settings seems to have done the trick!

1 Like

That worked! Once I cleared history and cache “All Time,” the logo disappeared. Thank you!!

3 Likes

@goldenblaze,
You’re very welcome! :slight_smile:

1 Like