Brave update with profiles lost brave rewards!

looks like I have a profile 1 as well which looks to have all my bookmarks etc however my BAT is still way off.

So @pjman7, you got your old data back right? But still not received your ads payout? It’s still processing, I believe. See May 5th Ads Reward Claim Errors

is it safe to click restore?

and then just make sure not to hit claim my Rewards until stuff is fixed?

I had alot of BAT i just hope i didnt do anything to prevent it from being restored.

did you see my last question? about the screenshot? is it safe to click restore pages?

Has anything changed about recovering BAT? I am still missing a lot.

Yes. Because it’s asking about restoring your tabs from previous session. Not related with Rewards.

can I use my seed to restore the BAT wallet to that account? will all my BAT be there if I restore to that account?

1 Like

Here is my restored profile with my bookmarks. basically what was somehow magically recovered…

However its not showing all my history its only showing since February Ive been using Brave since last year at least since July even sooner! However my balance still isnt right.

On average I have had like 15 BAT a month If I used Brave for 1 year that comes to 180! far short of the 66.5 its showing.

Before my old profile showed up with my bookmarks I created a new profile and use the seed to restore the wallet. That rewards browser only shows 36.8.

What can I do to fix this or what needs to happen?

I find it really weird that 2 different accounts with the same seed are showing 2 different balances both of which are wrong. :frowning:

@pjman7, if you aren’t Uphold verified, you won’t be able to withdraw ANY BAT.

Also, the backup/recovery system does not back up BAT grants, so this is why your balance dropped when you restored.

I am still missing a ton of BAT I highly doubt I would have had over 100 BAT in Grants. So your telling me I have lost BAT i earned getting advertised to for the past year!? As far as Uphold goes get another verification partner other than uphold get coinbase or something. It’s not possible to verify using uphold because of my residency. which is BS because the only reason I lost it is because my browser evidently upgraded. that is complete crap especially considering I can’t even use a service to withdrawal or else I would after every month. then this wouldn’t have been an issue

I am still missing a ton of BAT I highly doubt I would have had over 100 BAT in Grants. So your telling me I have lost BAT i earned getting advertised to for the past year!? As far as Uphold goes get another verification partner other than uphold get coinbase or something. It’s not possible to verify using uphold because of my residency. which is BS because the only reason I lost it is because my browser evidently upgraded. that is complete crap especially considering I can’t even use a service to withdrawal or else I would after every month. then this wouldn’t have been an issue

Hi there – how much BAT do you estimate you lost?

If you open up Brave and type brave://rewards-internals into the address bar, there will be a wallet info page. Please send me all of the information there in a direct message. DON’T POST IT PUBLICLY :slight_smile:

did I send you a pm?

i want to make sure only you will see it

did you receive my PM? before I send you the information you requested

@pjman7,
Would you mind sending the information to me rather than to Asad? I’ll make sure this all gets sorted.

Hi @Mattches, I’m having the same problem as pjman7 – my browser was having issues, but when I resolved those the Brave wallet that got imported with my recovery key was 100 BAT smaller and I had lost almost 6 months of accumulated reward payouts. Would you mind taking a look-see over my info if I PM you my rewards-internals too? Thank you so much!

@alterquin,
Sure – send me that information and I’d be happy to take a look.

1 Like

does this message get to you? is this a private area where I can post the information that was asked?

@pjman7,
This, right here, is a public thread. Please use the direct message feature to send me your private info. You should see an option to DM if you click on my profile picture:

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.