Brave [top-performance-tweaks] User Guide

Hellow Team , simple idea lets add here tweaks that are not well known and improve performance of using brave.

Let me start after some websearching i found few that are in brave://flags/

**Experimental QUIC protocol** -- http3 protocol -- good for youtube etc.
**Parallel downloading** -- sounds cool
**Future V8 VM features** -- wohoo bleeding edge
**GPU rasterization** -- for dedicated gpu -- lets use that pci-e :slight_smile: 
**Override software rendering list** -- Overrides the built-in software rendering list and enables GPU-acceleration on unsupported system configurations
**Zero-copy rasterizer** -- Raster threads write directly to GPU memory associated with tiles
**Enable Zero-Copy Video Capture** -- Camera produces a gpu friendly buffer on capture and, if there is, hardware accelerated video encoder consumes the buffer

This ones may be a subject of change , but who knows let’s use them meanwhile.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------®

Also for SSD users maybe its better to make RAMCache so the sdd have more life :hearts:
I have 32g and make myself 8gb SoftPerfect RAMDisk.
Pointed the browser to the disk and … its kinda faster :slight_smile:

“C:\Program Files\BraveSoftware\Brave-Browser-Beta\Application\brave.exe” --process-per-site --disk-cache-dir=r:\brave\ --disk-cache-size=3000000000 ( i set 3gb in bytes )

IF want to disable cache:
–disable-application-cache --media-cache-size=1 --disk-cache-size=1 – “%1” – taken from here

3 Likes

This is a good idea! I like it. :smiley:

That being said, in my case, I have no idea what those tweaks are for or actually do even after reading the descriptions. And anything with “experimental” in the title really scares me! lol

I hope anyone who posts will provide a little info per pros/cons/possible side effects/etc. for the uneducated! Usually I’m too scared to turn any of those things because I just don’t understand them and what impact (negative) they could have!

Edit: And excuse all the exclamation points. That’s just what happens when you’re scared. :wink:

2 Likes

This isn’t a real “techie” thing, but it handles some “techie” issues. Quite a few folks I turned on to Brave, as well as myself have had “Network Error” problems, especially when trying to add an extension, so I figured out this work-around that has helped, Maybe it should go here ¯_(ツ)_/¯

In the meantime - this works:

1. Go to https://crxextractor.com/
  2. paste the URL from the Chrome Store to the extension
    you want and download the .crx file
  3. Open your extensions tab in Brave
  4. Drag and Drop from the folder you downloaded the
    .crx file to over to the extensions tab
  5. Dance a Happy Dance of Joy and Relief
    :dancer:t6::dancer:t5::dancer:t4::dancer:t3::dancer:t3::dancer:t2::dancer::dancer:t2::dancer:t3::dancer:t3::dancer:t4::dancer:t5::dancer:t6:

Hope this helps!!!

Much love!!! :v:
.ƹ.

2 Likes