Brave thinks my PC is in Japan and only gives the option to connect to BitFlyer wallet

I live in the US, but several years ago I set my region settings on my PC to Japan in order to play Japanese games with correct formatting. This never cause me an issue before. However, as I was trying to connect a Gemini wallet I found that it was only allowing me to connect to Bitflyer. I changed the region settings back to US and restarted computer and browser, but the only wallet option it provides is still BitFlyer. I also tried clearing the cache and cookies, but that didn’t help. Is there a way to fix this or have I screwed myself out of getting BAT? I only have about 15 BAT so its not a huge lose if I’m forced to reset, but I’d like to start earning correctly either way.

Also, a different problem, that I think is related to brave believing I’m in Japan, is that I can’t seem to auto contribute my BAT. I noticed this a while ago but couldn’t find anything about the issue when I searched for it. But, if that feature is locked out for Japanese users then it is just a symptom of my first problem.

Hi @Murgin,

Thank you for reaching out.

I’ve got similar post before.
Hope this would help you.

1 Like

This worked perfectly. I now have my Gemini wallet set up and still have access to my accrued BAT. Thank you very much for the help. I really appreciate it.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.