Brave, The Browser Itself Won't Open

bug
windows
performance

I had Brave open and it was working fine. Had to close it. Later tried a number of times, clicking on the Brave icon, to open the browser again and it would not open.

A screenshot - If I were to provide a screen shot of the problem it would be the Brave icon on my task bar.

OS Version: Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium, Service Pack 1, 64 bit
Processor: AMD Phenom™ II X4 945 Processor, AMD64 Family 16 Model 4 Stepping 3
Processor Count: 4
RAM: 4095 Mb
Graphics Card: AMD Radeon HD 6450, 1024 Mb
Hard Drives: C: 919 GB (748 GB Free);
Motherboard: Dell Inc., 0NWWY0
Antivirus: Microsoft Security Essentials, Enabled and Updated

Brave Version. Since I’m unable to open the Brave browser, I’m not able to provide the version but I believe it’s the most current one.

Clicking on the Brave icon in the task bar is how I came across the issue.

QUESTION: If I install Brave again do I need to uninstall the version that’s not working prior to the reinstall?

Before sending this message, I will try one more time to open the Brave browser. The Brave browser still will not open.

Pale Moon is the browser I am currently using to send this message.

The loading time for the browser on my windows 10 is about 9 seconds and it takes about 700 Mb of RAM

That is another topic about the performance. Duplicate of

I was having this issue and then I noticed that it was actually opening but it was going to my second monitor, which wasn’t plugged in anymore. I am still having this issue, too. Even now when I open Brave and I have my dual monitor plugged in, it opens in the Brave browser in the far upper left corner of my left monitor, and I have to hold shift, alt and press the space bar, and then hit Maximize Window in order to even use the Brave browser.

The browser won't open

I fixed this by pressing shift+alt+space to maximize, then make the window smaller, it will disappear, then press shift+alt+space, the window will now be smaller and you can maximize and minimize, I don’t know why this fixes the bug, but it does. It’s not permanent, you have to do it every time, this bug really needs to be fixed.

Thanks for that tip. I’ll give it a shot!

it seems to be working fine, jsut play around with it until it works I guess… LOL, technology, I also experienced loss of temporary audio just now. I’m sure some companies aren’t too happy with braves ad free platform, so of course they aren’t going to be as accommodating as they should be.

One last thing, I also closed all of the brave tasks from the task manager (ctrl+alt+delete), I did this several times, I don’t know if it was related in solving the problem, but I now have no problems with the browser.

Thanks for the work around. (Learn something new every day!)

I’ve had similar issues over the past several months and have uninstalled and reinstalled the program a few times. That routine does not permanently solve the issue. I hope an update eventually fixes the anomaly, but this is an excellent, usable routine.

Great day ahead!

Puny

Press the Shift + Alt+Spacebar, then select maximize.

That will bring Brave Browser back into view.

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.