Brave Sync temporarily disabled on Desktop

I found a solution to my problem, hope it will help others.

Run brave --profile-directory=noprofile

Then go to brave://flags , click the restore button at top right corner.

Yes. But you could enable it at brave://flags

Please note that, unless you’re particularly capable, we would highly recommend not flipping that flag at this time. If you do, you may find yourself with the browser stuck in a particular state where it continues to crash.

If you do find yourself in that situation, please let us know and we can walk you through the steps to resolve it, but again, we’re working on getting Sync squared away on our end. We appreciate your patience.

Well the costumize and Control option appears like that for me now, the Snyc used to appear blank, now it doesn’t at all.

Is the sync option completely ruled out from Brave?
I updated to 1.4.95, in the release note says: Fixed sync crash in certain cases. (#8178 )

But I don’t have the sync option anymore.

Is it still being fixed? Please share updates.

(Update: I found the brave sync in flags marked as “default” but it’s disabled. I forced it enabled and so far no crash.)

@Alpertcr,
You’re very welcome to enable Sync via flag, but note that we are still working out all the bugs with Sync and enabling it may cause crashes or other unwanted behavior.

Thanks, @Mattches
It’s been a day and not crash so far. I’ll leave it on.
Looking forward to the complete resolution to this problem.

1 Like

I got newest version and i can’t find Sync option at all in Brave settings. I want to sync bookmarks between PC and mobile. Can you help?
Version 1.4.95 Chromium: 80.0.3987.122 (Official Build) (64-bit)

Cheers,
d4rkman

It’d be nice if people read the thread and more importantly the first post when replying.

1 Like

It would be even nicer if the Brave folks would get the issue fixed…

3 Likes

It would be really nice if Sync could be prioritised. I’ve had no choice but to stop using Brave on my computers due to this. Is there somehow a way for me to force enable Sync?

Edit: Saw the bit about enabling Sync via flag: brave://flags

1 Like

At least, devs should post an update about this issue, in my opinion.

1 Like

Or they could regress and post an earlier version that actually worked, because right now a number of people are ditching Brave for not working in an important function.

1 Like

@OldRick,

You’re more than welcome to go to our Github page and download an earlier update – just know that one of the main reasons staying up to date is to ensure that you have the latest chromium and security updates applied to keep you safe while browsing. If you don’t care, by all means:

You are replying to one of a few update threads. Can I ask what you’d like to be updated on, specifically? We’re currently trying to roll out a working version of Sync asap. We’re aware that some people are still seeing crashes and certainly aware that people want Sync back. If we could hand you an update with everything working perfectly right now, you bet we would. But we can’t – we appreciate your patience while we work on fixing this issue and continuing to implement new and better features into the browser.

1 Like

For me, this is an update about this issue. Thanks.

1 Like

Is there an ETA for the complete fix of this issue?

1 Like

I appreciate the effort in bringing sync back as soon as possible. As much as I love Brave, I might have to bail, as my work productivity has taken a big hit ever since sync went down. Not that I am entitled to any explanation, but I sort of thought temporarily meant less than one month, for some reason.

3 Likes

You can active in “flags”.

It’s possible but it’s risky at this moment, because it can lead to constant crashes, as mentioned by some users, or other unwanted behavior as stated at this post.

Ah, thank you for the suggestion.