Brave sync still isn't available in menu. When will it be available?

Today I wanted to sync my brave data to a new computer. It still doens’t show up in the brave menu when you open it. Different articles on the forum depict that v2 should already be available on Windows. Have I missed something or is it still not released? The tutorial on help centre says so either.

This issue can be reproduced by opening the brave menu as said in the help center tutorial for syncing. There will be no sync button to press on.

I expect to be able to sync my data between devices as said in the instructions on the help center

Brave version: 1.10.97

1 Like

If not changed, Sync will be available with v.1.12.x

1 Like

I do not understand computer speak. All I know is does it work or not. I need to be able to log into my Brave profile on another computer. So who do I talk to to make that happen?

I’m sorry, but when will that be? I really need it fast.

1 Like

Thank you for your fast answer by the way. I really appreciate it a lot.

1 Like

Approximately early August. https://github.com/brave/brave-browser/wiki/Brave-Release-Schedule

Again, if not changed.

1 Like

Thank you so much! Really appreciate it.

1 Like

Will I be able to log into it like any other account and all my bookmarks will be there? I need to know this so I can decide whether to start spending the ridiculous amount of time to find everything individually and bookmark it on the new computer. How was this oversight ever made in the first place?

1 Like

this is the exact reason i stopped using Brave. I love the browser but the no sync thing is a deal breaker for me.

It wasn’t an oversight, there was a bug, so they removed the feature until it could be fixed. You could always export existing bookmarks from other browsers/computers and dump it all into the same computer/browser. Then organize and label them, then export the bookmark file and save to cloud. BOOM! Organized and available anywhere you have access to cloud. That’s what I did and it seems like a good workaround

1 Like

Yeah. I have no idea how to do that.

1 Like

Not being able to sync anymore is a real problem!! Why don’t you connect the bookmarks to a login and password instead of having to import or export bookmarks. That is how yahoo toolbar worked and it was great. I went to Brave because the yahoo toolbar went away.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 12 hours. New replies are no longer allowed.