Brave "stole" my accumulated BATs from my Uphold account

Hello all,

Having seen the changes in the last version of Brave for iOS, I wanted to transfer my BAT balance to the desktop instance I use. So I opened it and also checked my Uphold account.

To my surprise, I saw a transaction:

You sent XXX BAT to @BravePublishers.

From Brave Browser

What the heck is going on?!

I find it nasty and dishonest that the browser starts a transaction on my behalf, as it was initiated by me! I had automatic tipping turned off (and still have).

I use Brave because I want to donate BAT to the content creators I choose and not just automatically put everything into a big, shared “hat”.

Thanks for reporting. I’d like to ask a few questions to start:

• Do you have multiple devices linked to your Uphold? If so, how many?
  • Can you share a screenshot of your Contributions and Event Log tabs which can be found here brave://rewards-internals/

Thank you in advance!

Hi steeven,

I linked together 6 devices in total: 2 Macs, 2 Windows, an iPad and an iPhone. AFAIR I linked all the desktop instances to the same Uphold wallet, but did not (could not) do that for the iOS devices. I’ve turned off automatic tipping an all the 4 desktop instances.

Can I attach screenshots privately? If yes, there’s still a problem: the Macs are running with a non-English localisation.

Thanks @GrumpyOldUnixAdmin. I just sent you a direct message. Please send screenshots of your event logs there. Thank you.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.