Brave starts up but can't access any pages; lion is not clickable

Hello,

Brave sounds really cool and I’d like to use it. So I downloaded BraveSetup-x64.exe and installed on my PC (Windows 7 Professional, 64-bit Operating System). Below is my Brave Version info.

The install seemed successful and Brave is running. I get the Brave intro page and everything looks good. Until I try to get to any web page. If I put “startpage.com” into the address bar, nothing comes up. Same with “https://brave.com/” or any other URL, or even a search term. Eventually, I get “A connection attempt timed out. …”

The lion icon in the upper-right is gray and does not respond to clicks.

I closed Brave and found that no shortcuts, menu items, or pins had been created anywhere. I re-installed. Now Brave shows up in my Start menu, but I still have the problems described above.

I thought this may be related to my firewall (Privatefirewall 7.0), but Brave doesn’t show up as an Application in Privatefirewall. Every other browser I have ever tried, causes Privatefirewall to give me an alert asking if I want to allow the application to access the internet. I can’t get any alerts to pop-up for Brave (except ones that happened during installation), nor have I been able to find how to tell Privatefirewall to allow Brave access. Brave shows up as a “Process” but allowing access to the Brave process does not fix the problem.

My other browsers are working normally.

Can you help me?
Thank you.

Brave 0.22.669
V8 6.6.346.24
rev 6cda2e8
Muon 5.2.7
OS Release 6.1.7601
Update Channel Release
OS Architecture x64
OS Platform Microsoft Windows
Node.js 7.9.0
Brave Sync v1.4.2
libchromiumcontent 66.0.3359.117

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.