Brave spawning small transparent windows in the background (macOS)

Description of the issue: Brave on macOS is spawning small windows in the background containing a selection menu with filetypes with the title “Format.”. Edit: It seems that they spawn for every downloaded file, since they show the filetypes of the files I downloaded recently, here mostly PDF. Clicking on them just brings the main browser window back to the foreground.

How can this issue be reproduced? When I download a file, a new windows appears in the background showing the filetype. When closing and opening Brave totally, they are gone.

(Note: the background is my desktop wallpaper; the borders of the windows can be seen when hovering over them; so I know those are multiple windows).

Expected result: No windows in the background appear.

Brave Version( check About Brave): Version 1.12.112 Chromium: 84.0.4147.125 (Official Build) (64-Bit)

Additional Information: This happened also on the previous version. I am using the Beta of macOS Big Sur (20A5343i).

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.