Brave shuts down 10 times in the last hour. People are jumping in volcanos over here! *EDIT* The issue was already reported elsewhere

Description of the issue:
How can this issue be reproduced?

1. Normal every day browsing, no different today than it was yesterday when suddenly after aprox 3 min of use Brave just shuts down. When I restart it asks me for opening old pages. I tried both, restoring them and not. I tried upgrading, reinstalling it. I tried uninstalling it and installing. Nothing seems to help.
    It has become so bad that I had to go to Firefox just to type this out for you because it would crash on me too fast to send you this message!!!
  2. All the plugins are the same as before
  3. Win 10 pro build 1903 . All updates

Expected result:
Crash and burn! And loss of nerves when it happens about the 10th time in a row.
Brave Version( check About Brave):
Brave is up to date:
Version 0.68.138 Chromium: 77.0.3865.75 (Official Build) (64-bit)

Additional Information:
Just crying over here… Crying… tearing… looking at the horizon and shouting at random people that pass by :slight_smile: Well… not really… but you get it … :wink:

https://community.brave.com/t/browser-crashing-after-being-opened-after-10-30-seconds-every-time-it-is-launched/83229/27

2 Likes

i just had it today, i was ordering a microsoft giftcard and it crashed. then after relauch i closed one of the many microsoft giftcard tab, and that made the entire Browser close. then upon reopening Brave, it tells me it wasnt closed correctly last time and if i want to restore. After restoring i tried to close a couple tabs… and closing one particular tab made the entire browser close again. It happened about 7 8 times before it refuses to restore previous session.

Now i need to restore the previous session! i have not closed Brave yet and will not close it now until someone tells me how to find the last session file and restore it.

This topic was automatically closed after 30 days. New replies are no longer allowed.