Brave Shows only Ah Snap Page after Windows 10 Update

I just installed the latest Windows 10 update and now nothing will load in Brave. It just shows the Ah Snap page. Even the settings page, welcome page, any website. All extensions crash and will not load. I uninstalled and then reinstalled, with the same issues.

1 Like

Welcome, @switzead. Similar behavior was resolved by downloading the Brave installer from https://brave.com/download/ and running it again. It should leave your stuff alone, but it fixed my Brave install. See
Brave (always) crashes on startup (Windows 10)

@switzead,
Thanks for reaching out! There are a few things that may be causing this but we’ll need more information from you before we can start troubleshooting. Can you tell me:

• Are you using/connecting through a VPN of any kind?
  • Do you have any anti-virus software running in the background? If so, which ones?
  • Do you have any installed extensions? If so, does disabling/removing them and relaunching help the issue at all?

Let me know and I’d be happy to assist. In addition, @hnktong’s suggestion is also a sound one – testing against the Beta version would help narrow down the list of potential causes.

I tried with and without VPN. Same issue. Was working yesterday with and without the VPN.

I have McAfee Anti-Virus. Again, this has not changed since yesterday.

All my installed extensions failed upon launching Brave. When I uninstalled/reinstalled I removed everything. No extensions on the reinstall and still the same issue.

I installed the Beta version and had the same issue.

Maybe the Windows update reset firewall rules and wound up blocking Brave?

Not likely since its blocking all of Brave, even the internal pages like brave://settings

@switzead,
Can you try creating a new profile using the Manage People setting:

After creating a new profile Brave should launch and open to the Welcome Tour.

This topic was automatically closed after 30 days. New replies are no longer allowed.