Brave showing Ads on profile with rewards disabled

Description of the issue:
Brave is showing ads on profile with rewards disabled.

Steps to Reproduce (add as many as necessary): 1. 2. 3.
Just use Brave with rewards disabled

Actual Result (gifs and screenshots are welcome!):

Expected result:
That ad shouldn’t be showing.

Reproduces how often:
Not sure.

Operating System and Brave Version(See the About Brave page in the main menu):
Windows 11
Brave v1.46.140

Additional Information:

Hello @A2020

Thank you for reaching us and sorry to hear you’re having trouble with blocking ads. Our best recommendation is to use this link you can block ads using aggressive mode.

Let me know if that works and have a great day!

It’s not a problem blocking ads. It’s Brave showing their rewards ads as you can see on the screenshot.
It says “Start using rewards” which means clearly that I’m not, but Brave still shows theirs when it shouldn’t.
It’s happening in 2 different profiles that have rewards off.

Here a screenshot of a different profile and it’s doing the same. What I don’t know is why in one of them it’s showing 0.000 and in the other it’s not.

PS: Those should only show in profiles with rewards enabled and with this setting set to true.

PS: Just noticed that for some reason those 2 profiles had Show Sponsored Images set to true.

No idea how that happened. Shouldn’t that setting be only a thing if rewards are enabled?

@A2020

Thanks for your reply we appreciate the details. Could you kindly submit a ticket to the Brave Rewards Support form:

From there a Support Agent can look further into the matter.

Have a great day!

That could be turned on by default since Brave will get 100% of the cut for each image since you’re not opted in to use rewards. Just my opinion, thats nothing official.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.