Brave Shields aren't working on Youtube. Message "Ad blockers violate Youtube Term's of Service"

Good afternoon forum.

Today I noticed that my youtube is not working when brave shields are up (As usually they are and there was no problem at all, until today). I had tried several solution posted around internet

such as:

But after trying these methods, Youtube Still shows me this message:

I have my system default language as Spanish, but, I suppose the error is the same regarding the language. I would appreciate if anyone could help me with this problem and guide me on how to fix it. Thanks

Brave version
Brave is up to date

Version 1.61.116 Chromium: 120.0.6099.217 (Official Build) (64-bit)

Windows 10 Pro 22H2

UPDATE

Looks like it working fine now (for now…) if anyone is having this same issue you could try one of the following solutions:

1. If you don’t care too much for what is on your youtube/google account (playlist, likes videos,…), one solution is open “New private windows with tor”, below de options for “new window” and “new private window”. With tor it takes a bit charging normal videos, but it doesn’t show the YouTube add block message
  2. For normal tabs, just sign out from your You Tube account and works without problems

Maybe the point is just sign out from the Youtube account on Brave.

Feel free to post any other solution that could work, with signed accounts still doesn’t work for me

I have the same issue. The “Aggregate YouTube Adblock” thread expired, and I really liked the idea of knowing where to go whenever Google outfoxes Brave. Is it possible to have a persistent place for this?

2 Likes

Currently AdTube works fine on FireFox rn(first hand experience, FF is my main browser, so I know).
I hope our brave devs of Brave will figure out new adgorithm of Greedgle and let us watch stuff on AdTube as we always could.

5m ago I’ve made a comment that FF for now handles AdTube as auxiliary solution and out of habit I just went to AdTube and Brave handles it’s nonsense fine again. I guess it was a temporary weakness.

Problem solved?

1 Like

It’s fixed for me too

It’s doing it again!

UPDATE

Looks like it working fine now (for now…) if anyone is having this same issue you could try one of the following solutions:

1. If you don’t care too much for what is on your youtube/google account (playlist, likes videos,…), one solution is open “New private windows with tor”, below de options for “new window” and “new private window”. With tor it takes a bit charging normal videos, but it doesn’t show the YouTube add block message

2. For normal tabs, just sign out from your You Tube account and works without problems

Maybe the point is just sign out from the Youtube account on Brave.

Feel free to post any other solution that could work, with signed accounts still doesn’t work for me

It’s an arms race. I had this problem about an hour ago.
So I updated all components.
All us good.

What do you mean expired? It’s all still true to this date. Just have to update components, keep browser updated, limit extensions, etc.

YouTube will always try to add new ways to detect or block adblockers. Just like many sites around the internet will try to find ways to force ads. As people report the issue again, it gets fixed. Sometimes just have to give it a few hours or a day. But generally will easily be resolved just by doing things like updating components and/or clearing cookies.

I mean, when I scroll to the bottom, it says closed and unlisted. That means that I can’t see if other people are experiencing this problem on that thread today.

I understand what you’re saying. But it does mean that I have to search around the forum to find an active thread reporting this common problem.

Edit: updating components based on advice that remains on that thread might work. Waiting 25 minutes and doing nothing might work. I just want a place to go when I see the Youtube message.

1 Like

Bah, you’re right. Titles are kind of similar so I didn’t catch it in my quick reading. The one you linked is where I initially was merging but I hit “keep chronological order” and it placed someone else on top of my post. So then moved over once again to one below, which is active and I was thinking of in my reply to you just above.

Edit: Thanks for answering and not being rude or anything. I had been asking and stating everything as a matter of fact. So was awesome to see a straight reply, which let me look back, realize the mistake made, and make a correction in response.

Well, there’s the active one at YouTube Aggregated issue (Merged Topic) from December. But yeah, lot of times it does take just having to search through things, like in the Search Before Posting article I wrote, which kind of shows how to search through Community.

I tend to always make sure to change how it sorts it, putting Latest Post instead of Most Relevant as seems to do me a bit better on finding issues and solutions. But experiences will vary.

Many thanks Saoiray! I’ve updated my link to the youtube thread.

Rolled out further fixes, to make it harder for Youtube to create more issues. I guess we’ll find out tomorrow if it worked

1 Like

PS my brave browser is working fain after manual fine twicks.

However, please check this, big brother doesn’t sleep.

@thinkerdoertalker you might also want to check out the below:

I use Brave as clean as possible with Shields UP (no other add blocker). OneTab and that’s it. I adjust only few settings suggested here in a slightly older post.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.