Brave Shield not collapsing ad spaces

Description of the issue: Brave Shields does not collapse the spaces where blocked ads used to be on websites

Exact URL of the website in question: https://www.aftonbladet.se/ (Swedish site, used as an example, heavily loaded with ads)

Did the issue present with default Shields settings? (yes/no) Both standard and aggressive settings

Does the site function as expected when Shields are turned off? Yes

Is there a specific Shields configuration that causes the site to break? If so, tell us that configuration. (yes/no): No

Does the site work as expected when using Chrome? Yes

Brave version (check About Brave): Version 1.31.88 Chromium: 95.0.4638.69

The ads are blocked as they should be, but the spaces are not collapsed properly leading to huge areas of white. Currently using uBlock Origin just for the collapsing. Is this known?

Shield is buggy as hell, upto the point where you can safely say its not working…

Please stop asserting claims that aren’t unfounded @macfanol . This site uses randomised css elements, so blocking it isn’t as easy on other sites.

Thank you for the reply.

I understand some sites are more difficult to block than others, but uBlock Origin does seem to work properly in this regard. Is this being worked on for Shield, or will I be stuck with uO indefinitely? I’d rather have as few as possible extensions installed.

@Alaeus I’ve rolled out a fix into Brave too improve the blank spaces issues on the site (give it 24-48hrs)

1 Like

Wow, thank you! That was quick. Cheers!

What? Why should I stop asserting claims that are not unfounded?

Doesnt matter, thats what team is for. If Shields cannot block randomized css ( this is what they are supposed to do ) than this “feature” shouldnt be advertised as blocker.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.